25 Winnie the Pooh Quotes to Brighten Your Day

If you think Winnie the Pooh is only for children, then you’re a “silly, old bear.” As an adult, there’s plenty to like in the stories.

For one, there’s the nostalgia they bring—but Pooh’s stories also feature themes that are relevant for people of all ages.

Best Winnie the Pooh Quotes

Winnie the Pooh has always been full of funny, witty, and profound quotes about a wide variety of subjects, including life, friendship, love, and growth.

Here is a list of the best quotes you’ll read or watch from the numerous books, films, and tv series concerning everyone’s darling bear:

“How do you spell ‘love’?”

“You don’t spell it… you feel it.” 

Piglet and Winnie the Pooh

“What day is it?”

“It’s today.”

“My favorite day.”

Christopher Robin and Winnie the Pooh

“Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.”

Winnie the Pooh

“It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine.”

Eeyore

“Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So, today is my new favorite day.”

Winnie the Pooh

You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”

Christopher Robin

“It is hard to be brave, when you’re only a Very Small Animal.”

Piglet

“A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.”

Eeyore

“The things that make me different are the things that make me, me.”

Piglet

“If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever.”

Winnie the Pooh

After all, one can’t complain. I have my friends.” 

Eeyore

“Pooh, promise you won’t forget about me, ever. Not even when I’m a hundred.”

Pooh thought for a little. 

“How old shall I be then?” 

“Ninety-nine.”

Pooh nodded. “I promise,” he said.

Christopher Robin and Winnie the Pooh

“Well, I am a bear of very little brain.”

“No Pooh. You are, I think, a bear of very big heart.”

Christopher Robin and Winnie the Pooh

“I am short, fat, and proud of that.”

Winnie the Pooh

“‘Eeyore. I, Winnie-the-Pooh, will find your tail for you.’

‘Thank you, Pooh, you’re a real friend.’”

Eeyore and Winnie the Pooh

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.”

Winnie the Pooh

“We didn’t know we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun.”

Winnie the Pooh

“One thing you should know, no matter where I go, we’ll always be together.”

Christopher Robin

“We’ll be friends forever, won’t we, Pooh?”

“Even longer.”

Piglet and Winnie the Pooh

“I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams we can be together all the time.”

Winnie the Pooh

“I’ve found somebody just like me. I thought I was the only one of them.”

Tigger

“Oh bother.”

Winnie the Pooh

“They’re funny things, Accidents. You never have them till you’re having them.”

Eeyore

“You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”

Winnie the Pooh

“Good grief! Tie them together, Piglet! Can you tie a knot?”

“I cannot.”

“Ah, so you CAN knot.”

“No. I cannot knot.”

“Not knot?”

“Who’s there?”

“Pooh!”

“Pooh who?”

Rabbit, Piglet, Winnie the Pooh

How Old Are the Winnie the Pooh Books?

A.A. Milnes’s lovable stuffed bear has been a cultural phenomenon since its first release in 1926 (almost a hundred years ago!). He’s one of the most recognizable characters in children’s literature and has appeared in many top 100 lists.

Milne based all of his characters on his own son (Christopher Robin), his son’s toys (Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, Kanga, and Tigger), along with living animals (Rabbit and Owl), and set the story in the Ashdown Forest (The 100 Acre Wood), a real location in England.

What Does the Name Winnie the Pooh Mean?

Initially, the silly, old bear went by the name Edward Bear before the book’s 1926 debut. The name “Winnie” came after a visit in the London Zoo, where Milne saw a black bear named after the city of Winnipeg, Canada.

“Pooh” came from Milne’s 1924 When We Were Very Young, where he wrote about a swan named Pooh, whom Christopher Robin kept feeding each morning. Both names were brought together to form Winnie the Pooh, a name that’s stuck to every child’s imagination for years.

Cherishing Your Childhood

Your childhood years are important to your development as a person. This is the time where your social, emotional, physical, and educational needs form the core of your identity.

So it’s no surprise that as an adult, you’re often hit by childhood nostalgia. It’s your way of looking back at the things that made you who you are today. Sometimes it’s nice to reminisce and marvel at how we’ve turned out as human beings.

Do you have a favorite quote from the Winnie the Pooh series? Share it in the comments below!

 

If you enjoyed this post, then you might also like:

The post 25 Winnie the Pooh Quotes to Brighten Your Day appeared first on TCK Publishing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think Pieces: What They Are and How to Write One

The Best Mobile Apps for Writers

8 Best Journal Apps to Track Your Gratitude, Health, and Memories